The Lifesaving Society is composed of thousands of dedicated
volunteers. Annually, we recognize outstanding individuals with
Commonwealth Honour Awards.
Commonwealth Honour Awards recognize leadership
and dedicated service to the Lifesaving Society.
- The Service Commendation honours
volunteers for significant contributions to the aims of the Society
with a minimum of 2 years service.
- The Service Medal acknowledges a
minimum of 5 years of noteworthy service as a volunteer officer or
- The Service Cross honours meritorious
service to the Society over at least 15 years.
- Honorary Life Member recognizes at
least 20 years' service involving activity at a provincial as well
as a national or international level.
- Volunteers with a minimum 25 years of meritorious and
noteworthy service at a provincial as well as a national or
international level may be recognized as an Honorary
- Commonwealth Vice President, the
highest award of the Society, is normally reserved for individuals
who have served on a National Council or the Commonwealth Council.
Others may qualify in exceptional circumstances.