Examiner Mentors are senior Lifesaving Society Examiners
appointed by the Society to mentor examiner candidates through
their apprenticeship phase and approve them for examiner
- Provide effective apprenticeship experiences for examiner
candidates including evaluation of their performance and guidance
on their professional development as potential Lifesaving Society
- Act as expert resources to apprenticing examiner candidates in
matters related to Lifesaving Society evaluation standards.
- Complete Lifesaving Society administrative requirements in a
timely manner including completion of training records for the
apprenticing examiner candidate.
- Assist in the identification, recruitment and development of
potential Lifesaving Society Examiners.
- Attend Examiner Mentor workshops and clinics as required.
While working with an apprenticing examiner candidate, the
Examiner Mentor is responsible for the smooth conduct of the
examination, and only the Examiner Mentor (as the examiner of
record) has the authority to make pass/fail decisions and sign the
test sheets. This dual responsibility - evaluation of the award
candidates while supervising and evaluating an apprentice examiner
- will be a challenging but rewarding experience.
Prerequisites: Examined a minimum of three
exams in a specific stream.
- Application - Complete the application form and return it to
the Lifesaving Society office.
- Learning Opportunity - If approved, the
Society will be in touch to arrange the learning opportunity.
- Assessment - After completing the learning
opportunity the Society will complete an assessment to determine if
they are going to appoint you as an Examiner Mentor.
Required References: Examiner
Costs: There is no fee for appointment as an
Candidate recognition: Examiner Mentor
appointment will appear on your Find a Member record.
Recertification: Recertification is through the
Society's professional development credit system.
Examiner Mentor Authority
You many only take on apprenticing examiner candidates for the
examiner certification(s) that you hold. Specifically:
- Only Examiner Mentors who hold current Bronze Examiner
status may supervise apprenticing examiner candidates who seek
Bronze Examiner certification.
- Only Examiner Mentors who hold current First Aid
Examiner status may supervise apprentices who seek First Aid
- Only Examiner Mentors who hold current National
Lifeguard Examiner status may supervise apprentices who seek
National Lifeguard Examiner certification.