You'll work towards a 10-15 m swim on your front and back.
You'll do jump entries from the side and recover an object from the
bottom in chest-deep water. Improve your fitness and your flutter
kick with 4 x 9-12 m interval training.
- Enter and exit shallow water
- Jump into deep water, return and exit
- Sideways entry wearing PFD
- Tread water 30 sec. wearing PFD
- Hold breath underwater 5-10 sec.
- Submerge and exhale 5-10 times
- Open eyes underwater
- Recover object from bottom in chest-deep water
- Wearing PFD, jump into deep water, tread 30 sec. and swim /
kick on back 5-10 m
- Float on front and back
- Roll laterally front to back and back to front
- Glide on front, back and side 3-5 m each
- Flutter kick on front, back and side 10-15 m each
- Whip kick in vertical position with PFD 15-30 sec.
- Front crawl or back crawl 10-15 m
- Interval training: 4 x 9-12 m flutter kick with 10-15 sec.
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket;
Check the Ice; Swim to Survive; Within Arms' Reach