Kick it up a notch working on two interval training workouts of
4 x 25 m kicking and front or back crawl. You'll be able to perform
dive entries and demonstrate breaststroke arms and breathing over
10-15 m. You'll be supporting yourself at the surface for 1-2
minutes, and showing off your handstands in shallow water.
- Standing dive into deep water
- Forward roll entry into deep water with and without PFD
- Tuck jump (cannonball) into deep water
- Tread water 1- 2 min.
- Handstand in shallow water
- Front somersault (in water)
- Swim underwater 5-10 m
- Canadian Swim to Survive Standard: Roll entry into deep water,
tread 1 min. and swim 50 m
- Flutter kick on back 5 m; reverse direction and flutter kick on
front 5 m
- Flutter kick on front 5 m; reverse direction and flutter kick
on back 5 m
- Whip kick on back 10-15 m
- Whip kick on front 10-15 m
- Breaststroke arms drill 10-15 m
- Front crawl and back crawl 25-50 m each
- Interval training: 4 x 25 m flutter kick with 15-20 sec.
- Interval training: 4 x 25 m front or back crawl with 15-20 sec.
- Sprint front crawl 25 m
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket;
Check the Ice; Swim to Survive; Within Arms' Reach