These youngsters will try both jumping and a side roll into deep
water while wearing a Personal Flotation Device. They'll recover
objects from the bottom in waist-deep water. They'll work on
kicking and gliding through the water on their front and back.
- Jump into deep water wearing PFD, return and exit
- Sideways entry wearing PFD
- Hold breath underwater 3 sec.
- Submerge and exhale 5 times
- Recover object from bottom in waist-deep water
- Back float; roll to front; swim 3 m
- Float on front and back 5 sec. each
- Roll laterally front to back and back to front
- Glide on front and back 3 m each
- Flutter kick on back 5 m
- Flutter kick on front 5 m
- Water Smart messages: Within Arms' Reach; Wear a