These youngsters get more adventuresome with a forward roll
entry wearing a PFD and holding their breath underwater for up to
10 sec. They'll work on longer front and back crawl swims, interval
training and get a giggle out of whip kick.
- Forward roll entry wearing PFD
- Tread water 10 sec.
- Submerge and hold breath 5 sec.
- Recover object from bottom in chest-deep water
- Wearing PFD, sideways entry into deep water; tread 20 sec.;
swim / kick 10 m
- Whip kick in vertical position 20 sec. with a PFD or buoyant
- Front crawl 5 m
- Back crawl 5 m
- Interval training: 4 x 5 m flutter kick on back with 30 sec.
- Water Smart messages: Within Arms' Reach; Wear a