These intermediate swimmers will swim 5 m underwater and lengths
of front, back crawl, whip kick, and breaststroke arms with
breathing. They'll cap it all off with front crawl sprints over 25
m and 4 x 25 m front or back crawl interval training.
- Standing dive into deep water
- Tread water 1 min.
- Swim underwater 5 m
- Canadian Swim to Survive Standard: Roll entry into deep water,
tread 1 min. and swim 50 m
- Whip kick on front 15 m
- Breaststroke arms drill 15 m
- Front crawl and back crawl 25 m each
- Interval training: 4 x 25 m front or back crawl with 20 sec.
- Sprint front crawl 25 m
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket;
Check the Ice; Swim to Survive