These swimmers will master shallow dives, cannonball entries,
eggbeater kicks, and in-water backward somersaults. Surface dives
will take them down to underwater swims. They'll refine their front
and back crawl over 50 m swims of each, and breaststroke over 15-25
m. Then they'll pick up the pace in 25 m sprints and two interval
training bouts: 4 x 50 m front or back crawl; and 4 x 10-15 m
- Shallow dive into deep water
- Tuck jump (cannonball) into deep water
- Jump entry into deep water, and tread 2 min.
- Stationary eggbeater kick 30 sec.
- Back somersault (in water)
- Roll entry into deep water, tread 90 sec. and swim 75 m
- Breaststroke 25 m
- Front crawl and back crawl 50 m each
- Head-up front crawl 10 m
- Interval training: 4 x 50 m front or back crawl with 30 sec.
- Interval training: 4 x 15 m breaststroke with 30 sec.
- Sprint front crawl and back crawl 25 m each
- Water Smart messages: Swim with a Buddy; Wear a Lifejacket;
Check the Ice; Swim to Survive